Burgerack offers franchise opportunities. Our distinguished brand is the perfect fit for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Our franchise is distinguished, stable and is expanding rapidly across South Africa.
What do I need?
You’ll need a minimum available of R1 800 000 excl. VAT for setup costs, as well as R100 000 excl. VAT for the joining fee.
There is also a R15 000 excluding VAT training fee. Keep in mind you’ll need to be able to work within the systems and processes designed for Burgerack, to ensure consistency across all stores.
Minimum property size is 100m² to 200m², operating capital is R100 000 excluding VAT.
A quick summary of the Franchise Agreement
We’ve highlighted the most important points in the franchise agreement so you have a better idea of what you’re getting into.
- Your agreement lasts for the duration of the lease, including all renewals.
- While the agreement does not provide you with an exclusive trading area it does provide you with the right of first refusal of another Burgerack within a three-kilometre radius of your business.
- The franchisor will earn a total of 5.0% of your gross turnover on a monthly basis in the form of a Management Service Fee (“royalty”).
- You are responsible for providing monthly financial reports to the franchisor.
- The Franchisor collects 2.0% of your gross turnover on a monthly basis for an advertising/marketing fund, to promote the brand as a whole.
- The use of the monies in the advertising/marketing fund is at the discretion of the franchisor, and the % can be varied at the franchisor’s sole discretion.
- The franchised business must preferably be operated under the direct supervision of the franchisee.
- The franchised outlet will be upgraded at regular intervals when the need is determined by the franchisor, (typically, a three year face-lift and a five-year revamp), at the cost of the franchisee.
- The Operations Manual details the specifications, standards and operations procedure that the franchisee must follow.
- The franchisee must comply with Burgerack’s standards, and menu.
- The Operations Manual may be amended at the discretion of the Franchisor.
- Trade secrets provided by Burgerack may not be used in other businesses and absolute confidentiality needs to be utilised in this regard.
- The Franchisor provides initial training and on-going support to the franchisee.
- The use of Burgerack trademarks, logos, promotions and slogans are limited.